At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to overseeing the testing and inspection of products and processes at various points in the manufacturing operation to ensure adherence to company quality & food safety standards.
In this role you will play an integral role in the creation and development of the QA/QC technician team always working toward the betterment of the Quality Management System. You will be responsible for making sure that engineering and manufacturing processes are performed correctly using the right tools, materials and processes. An important part of the job involves designing the company's quality standards and testing processes against those criteria. You will also be responsible for establishing and executing the disposition of products that do not meet company quality standards.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of workers engaged in inspecting and testing products and assist in training new technicians as necessary.
- Conduct Quality Audits to ensure product being produced meets established quality standards.
- Lead/participate in root cause investigations and the development and implementation of corrective or preventive action plans.
- Audit the paperwork/performance of associates to ensure they are conducting tasks and checks at the required frequency.
- Identify and generate graphs for QA Key Results and evaluate test data and report deviations from existing standards.
- Hold non-conforming product and be able to investigate and trouble shoot the non-conformity and provide the appropriate disposition for product not meeting company quality standards.
- Conduct product analysis with operations to evaluate current product quality and prevent large-scale issues and recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality.
- Create process related documents as needed and ensure that documents being utilized accurately reflect current processes and methodology
- Establish inspection protocols, defines sampling procedures, and determines equipment and mechanisms to be used in the inspection/testing process and maintain the work area 5S system
- Review quality assurance instructions, specifications, and production schedules to determine method of conducting inspections and tests, sequence of operations, and work assignments.
- Ensure Food Safety HACCP plan is adhered to at all times
What We're Looking For
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
- Strong computer skills, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- 3 years of experience using QMS/QA tools and processes
- Minimum 5 years QA experience in a manufacturing environment, food manufacturing a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a supervisory role
- Attention to detail, ability to be precise and accurate. Critical thinker, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with corrective action methodologies including problem solving tools such as 5whys, fishbone etc.
- Knowledge of GMP, 5s, GLP, HACCP and Quality & Food Safety Systems and ability to read and follow documents (Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods).
- High School Diploma required and BS in an applicable technical field (industrial engineering, quality, plant science engineering) preferred
- Strong math skills, SPC experience a plus
- For business and safety reasons, must be able to communicate effectively via verbal and written methods
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.