Type of Role
What You'll Do
Assist the Senior Grower in a variety of farm-wide activities including:
Germination, propagation and growing processes to generate reliable high yield
Coordinate equipment, raw materials, processing tools, training and resource balancing to meet daily seeding, transplanting and harvesting schedules
Monitor and adjust irrigation, nutrient, lighting and climate to minimize farm environment variation and optimize plant health and output
Establish and maintain a food safe environment including daily cleaning with staff and farm associates
Lead food safety program compliance (Program: Primus and or SQF)
Hands-on role where you will be managing grow processes, monitoring and controlling plant nutrition & health, and operating and managing high-intensity plant production equipment.
Help strategically coordinate and execute the production control plan in order to meet customer demands consistently with quality produce
Conduct 24-7 grow cycle scheduling and coverage to ensure no farm disruption
What We're Looking For
- Self-directed and motivated individuals with plant science, horticulture, integrated pest management, crop production, plant nutrition, agronomy or related backgrounds to assist in a wide array of activities in plant growth and product development
- Bachelor of Science degree (Horticulture or Agronomy preferred)
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as a commercial grower
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing (or similar) environment with disciplined process, product quality, on-time deliveries and attention to cleanliness
- Experience supervising and leading teams
- Understanding of safe work practices, tools, cleaning techniques, and personal protective equipment to meet food safety requirements
- Experience with data collection, analysis and documentation tools
- Collaborative problem solver that can communicate well with other managers, team leads and associates
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills, strong decision-making and execution skills
- Familiarity with MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc). Ability to perform basic functions and updates to spreadsheets and word documents
- Superb technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift and handle heavy objects
- Knowledge of plant material functionality, plant biology, and plant biochemistry a plus
- Humble, teachable, team-player who is hard-working, able to quickly adapt, and is willing to grow alongside our plants!
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.