Senior Construction Project Manager
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet. The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that.
As a Senior Construction Project Manager, you will work closely with our Construction and Deployment team to help facilitate the operational side of building our farms. You will manage multiple work streams ranging from facility upgrades to full-scale farm construction and future farm deployments.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Function as the lead Construction Project Manager for Full Scale Farm Deployments (Domestic and International)
- Travel and/or relocation for this role is expected to be 75% of the time
- Manage pre-construction design coordination, value engineering, and GMP approval with both internal and external members of the design and construction team
- Manage contractor contracts as well as review and manage procedures for handling changes to the contract documents, monthly valuations, drawing submissions, change orders, requests for information (RFI’s), substitutions, etc.
- Assist in writing and distributing bid packages that clearly define scope and general provisions and negotiate contractor scopes of work for value engineering to drive project costs down
- Develop and manage to a construction project budget for each project assigned
- Track and publish the construction schedule on a routine basis and meet as needed with local jurisdictional people to resolve building permit issues and other issues that impede Plenty from meeting their build timelines
- Open Purchase Orders, ensure they are approved and processed as per established procedures, review and verify monthly vendor invoices
- Coordinate with the Project Managers for supply chain, logistics, human resources, and farm operations to ensure timely delivery of materials, people, processes and systems to operate the farm once it is built
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of experience in Construction, planning, design development, project management, and/or real estate development and leadership of corporate real estate assets
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Construction, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with ground-up construction managing mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. Project experience with data centers, labs, and other complex projects preferred with the proven ability to manage equipment installations and commissioning processes.
- Ability to prepare estimates with a working knowledge of cost control, budgeting, contracts, billing, and forecasting
- Qualify and negotiate contracts with architectural and engineering services for electrical, mechanical, structural and plumbing and negotiate contracts with local general or other contractors as required by the project scope of work
- Experience in a fast-paced technology environment, with the ability to navigate ambiguity, drive solutions, think creatively and provide innovative solutions and be able to influence strategic change and initiatives where prudent
- Engage with internal customers, cross-functional partners, and other internal organizations, demonstrating your ability to drive consensus
- Advanced knowledge of MS office or Google Documents, Acrobat or Bluebeam, and MS Project or similar scheduling software
- Expertise with reading & understanding construction documents and specifications
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.