Senior Process Technician
South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
About The RoleWe are looking for a Senior Process Technician to collect data and run experiments to help us optimize and validate our farms. In this role you will be collaborating with the broader engineering team and the grower team to support process optimization. This work will help give Plenty’s produce global reach at an accessible price, leading to increased produce consumption and raising the quality of living around the world. You will be part of a passionate and dynamic team that is developing new technology from the ground up.
What You'll Do
- Plan and perform technical tests and experiments for process integration engineering in R&D and production farms.
- Plan and perform set‑up and validation of processing and measurement equipment.
- Document operation and calibration procedures for processing and measurement equipment.
- Monitor, audit and provide guidance to the production operations team.
- Process test runs and prepare records, charts, and graphs of results for presentation to engineering to identify yield problems or test new products.
- Provide insight, recommendations, and technical assistance to process development and engineering personnel.
What We're Looking For
- 2-4 years of experience as a Process Technician
- Versatile thinker with a proven track record of detailed measurement and data collection work
- Experience in process or quality technician work in the Agriculture, Manufacturing, Biomedical, Pharmaceutical, or Food Processing industries
- Experienced in spreadsheet software and data entry
- Experienced in presenting and communicating data and results
- Exceptionally collaborative approach with strong communication skills
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Experience in JMP, Matlab, R etc. for data analysis is a plus
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.