At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
Type of Role:
About the Role:
We are an ag-tech company looking for a Production Supervisor who will ensure the safety, quality, and productivity of our farm operations associates.
The Production Supervisor is responsible to supervise the day to day processing functions to maximize the placement of people and use of raw materials to produce products at or below standard budgeted costs; provide product and services that meet product specifications and customer requirements; to ensure that the team drives towards meeting all safety, quality, and sanitation guidelines.
What You'll Do:
- Train, teach, coach and motivate Associates.
- Supervise the activities of Associates, directing their efforts to meet production goals in a safe manner.
- Maintain safety, quality, sanitation and productivity standards.
- Ensure production lines are ready to run at start-up.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods and equipment performance.
- Ensure product meets required specifications.
- Follow safety procedures at all time and ensure safety of Associates.
- Communicate previous shift issues to incoming shift Supervisors and discuss action plans to resolve issues.
- Identify specific problems and identify solutions to get them resolved. This includes developing action plans for the next step.
- Achieve budgeted goals for efficiency on an on-going basis.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate Associates to achieve production goals.
- Review weekly GMP and Safety audits and complete any actions associated.
What We're Looking For:
- 3 yrs experience in a Supervisory capacity.
- AA degree or college coursework preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Prior experience working in a USDA environment.
- Ability to establish effective and productive cross-functional relationships
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.