We are an ag-tech company looking for a Sales Manager to join our high performing Sales and Business Development team. The mission of the team is to drive/accelerate profitable growth and you’ll be instrumental in helping us scale in San Francisco, Los Angeles and future markets.
This is a compelling opportunity to join a fast growth start-up and make a meaningful impact on plants, people, and the planet. You’ll be on the front-lines working with our customers to launch new stores, drive sales, and deliver exceptional results. You’ll also collaborate internally across marketing, product, operations, and finance to achieve customer success.
As the Sales Manager you will play a key role in helping us scale. You’ll help win new accounts, manage key customer relationships, launch new stores, and achieve overall sales goals. We’re looking for someone who is excited to share Plenty’s mission with the world, deliver exceptional results for our customers, and drive growth.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Develop, grow, and manage relationships across buyers at local grocery retailers and distributors
- Help win new accounts and develop solutions that deliver category and brand growth
- Successfully launch new stores and ensure highly visible and effective on-the-shelf presence, both in-store and online
- Achieve industry-leading sales targets and partner closely with the marketing department to ensure success at each retailer
- Manage and execute trade spend
- Provide key inputs for demand planning and own the bottom-up sales forecasting for each account owned; partner with customers to eliminate stock-outs
- Prepare and deliver effective sales materials for account presentations and provide outstanding customer service
- Serve as an all-around team player that can lead, support, and close on new growth opportunities as they arise
What We're Looking For
- A genuine interest and passion for Plenty’s mission
3-5+ years of CPG/food retail sales experience with proven success in pioneering and attaining ambitious sales goals
- A people person – you have the ability to forge strong relationships, grow them, and maintain them; you anticipate customer needs and deliver excellent customer service
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams, including marketing, new product development, operations, and finance
- Ability to think strategically as well as to roll up your sleeves and execute at the tactical level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Focused, organized, and results-oriented
- Ability to work independently and navigate an ever-changing high growth environment
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
- BA/BS degree in related field
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.