The Maintenance Supervisor will own and lead the stability, improvement, maintenance, and performance functions of our automated systems. They will manage tool productivity, maintenance, and yields, conduct data analysis to improve processes, and manage quality measurement for their tools/process. They drive continuous improvement to tool/process to meet the requirements of the manufacturing ramp.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Work collaboratively with production operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, Maintenance and other cross functional teams as the expert to ensure production lines run in a safe, efficient manner producing high quality product.
- Manage day to day operations of the maintenance team
- Lead equipment upgrades with a focus on serviceability, reliability, food safety/sanitation, and process capability.
- Responsible for continuous process optimization of automated lines
- Become owner / subject matter expert to drive equipment-related process improvement including detailed troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Build training material, maintenance routines, service bulletins, and related documentation related to cradle to grave equipment life cycle management
- Develop and improve equipment validation procedures including calibration and qualification
- Identify equipment critical spare parts and ensure sufficient coverage to prevent extended downtime situations
- Basic knowledge of PLC controller platforms and experience making troubleshooting on automated systems.
- Experience programming and teaching industrial 6-axis robots (Fanuc)
- Lead and provide hands-on support to the maintenance team to troubleshoot and resolve extended downtime situations.
- Familiarity with SPC and development of equipment-related OKRs
- Maintain PM logs to support food safety certification
- Spares and inventory management experience
What We're Looking For
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability (Or equivalent experience)
- At least 5 years experience in a Maintenance Management or related position
- Experience managing technicians or other technical resources
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good overall computer skills with demonstrated ability in a programming language
- Structured problem solving methodologies (DMAIC, 8D, etc)
- Able to work under intense time pressure in the presence of others
- Experience with PLC programming, troubleshooting, and configuration
- Experience with robot programming, backup and restoration
- Experience in high volume manufacturing is highly desired
- Willing to work days, afternoons, nights and weekends as determined by project needs
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.