Senior Systems Technician
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
In this role the Plenty is seeking a Senior Systems Technician who will support data-collection instrumentation and systems maintenance activities in a modern, advanced-technology hydroponic farm. This position is responsible for commissioning and maintaining specified environmental inputs in R&D farms so Plenty can develop products that enable profitable farms and delighted consumers.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Play an integral role in supporting our high standards of quality research via commissioning and maintaining farm systems to specification.
- Work hands-on where you will routinely apply troubleshooting skills to install, calibrate, and maintain automated instrumentation.
- Be responsible for performing daily routine quality assurance checks.
- With some guidance from a Systems Supervisor, the Senior Technician will investigate issues in the system and process efficiencies and collaborate with scientists and operations stakeholders to resolve.
- With some guidance from a Systems Supervisor, the Senior Technician will work closely with the Plant Science team to fulfill established research goals on time and to specification.
- Take part in the On-Call Rotation - supporting data integrity by maintaining environmental inputs during standard non-business hours.
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or 2-4 years of experience in a relevant field
- Motivated, tech-savvy individuals with analytical, problem solving, electrical, and/or do-it-yourself skills to complete installation and maintenance of instrumentation
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite and a willingness to adapt and learn new software programs required
- Ability to work outside normal business hours (i.e., outside Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm)
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing situations and effectively take direction
- Experience in both manual and automated data collection preferred
- Humble, teachable team-player who is enthusiastic and hard-working
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.