Global Supply Manager, Capex
In this role you will be working upstream with our engineering team to facilitate and influence our strategic design and sourcing decisions. You will make strategic decisions regarding commodity strategy, supplier sourcing, commercial issues/negotiations, and cost reduction plans, as well as overall supplier management and regularly engaging with other internal teams including Engineering, Legal, Finance, Farm Deployment, Farm Operations and Plant Science.
What You'll Do
- Strategy Development and Execution: Help establish our global supply chain strategy and partner with engineering to identify, evaluate, and execute on new ideas and partnerships that can best meet Plenty’s requirements of cost, quality, and technology.
- Areas of focus include, but are not limited to: Automation and robotics, controls and sensors, advanced lighting, advanced HVAC, electrical, farm construction
- Supply Chain Development: identify, develop, and manage Plenty’s growing Supply Chain network and strategic partners.
- Cost Targets: achieve most efficient costs for parts and components while helping enable Plenty’s unique design requirements.
- Cross-functional leadership: help build, support, and lead cross-functional teams during technology development and ramp.
- Manage Availability: evaluate supplier capabilities and ensure product availability to support production demand and ramp
- Program Management: manage resources and tasks to achieve program objectives.
- Travel required, up to 20%
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS and 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Operations or related field
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
- Strong negotiator with highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Understanding of manufacturing and/or engineering experience
- Strong analytical and modeling skills; proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects, with various cross functional teams
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to influence teams to move in the right direction
- A burning desire to change the world
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.