Accounts Payable Coordinator
South San Francisco, CA
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet. The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for an Accounts Payable Coordinator with strong attention to detail and a high level of organization to join our team
As the Accounts Payable Coordinator you will be supporting Plenty’s rapidly growing organization through helping us maintain and continue to build our accounting processes.
What You'll Do
- Own vendor management for assigned vendors regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process.
- Be a key stakeholder in accounts payable process improvement.
- Responsible for organization and preparation of annual tax filing, 1099.
- Monitor and resolve accounts payable issues by pulling in appropriate parties.
- Evaluate sales tax on vendor invoices and apply use tax when applicable.
- Review and process employee expense reports in Concur.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with vendors and handle inquiries from vendors and employees regarding status of invoices.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain team to resolve any non- compliance to company policies.
- Reconcile vendor accounts statements each month to confirm all payables have been properly recorded.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 4+ years experience in accounts payable in a high volume environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethics
- Coupa experience preferred
- Experience with multiple ERP systems, Netsuite is a plus
- Someone who is a self-starter who is not afraid to develop their own processes.
- Time management is a must as you may have multiple projects going on at once.
- Organization and prioritization are key
- Collaborative attitude and team approach
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.