Senior People Operations Manager
At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
We are looking for a bright "people person" with a strong generalist background who excels in key areas of HR Risk & Compliance and Workplace Investigations, as well as maintaining compliance for all employee status changes such as terminations and Leaves of Absence. Reporting to the Sr Director of People Operations, you will play an integral role in supporting and driving People policy and procedure for Plenty’s rapidly growing organization.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Identify, assess, and monitor known and emerging People compliance risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Research and monitor federal, state and local laws, related to various employment, labor, and employee safety issues to stay abreast of changes and regulations.
- Perform frequent audits of People policies, processes, and procedures.
- Oversee People compliance areas including I-9 and E-Verify compliance, wage and hour, leave of absence/FMLA and other leave/time off policies, short-and-long-term disability benefits, and reasonable accommodation.
- Develop and coordinate People compliance training as per business needs in conjunction with Learning & Development.
- Manage complex workplace investigations end-to-end, including conducting intake meetings, background research, investigative interviews, and preparing objective and analytically sound findings.
- Investigate allegations, which include, but not limited to violations of law or policy, including allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, bullying, privacy concerns, conflicts of interest, integrity, failure to escalate and other inappropriate behavior.
- Act as administrator of Plenty’s workplace Ethics & Compliance reporting and tracking platform.
- Review all requests for involuntary termination for compliance and escalate as needed. Ensure that separated employees are managed in a fair and consistent manner, according to Company policy, including notifications, performance improvement plans, warnings, etc.
- Partner with appropriate stakeholders to verify and process employee data changes, reporting line changes, promotions, merit increases/salary adjustments, employee terminations, etc leveraging HRIS.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors degree and 7+ years of direct Human Resources or People Operations experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience, conducting and managing HR investigations
- SPHR/SHRM-SCP preferred
- Experience with various types of HR-related software platforms, such as JIRA, Confluence, Paylocity, Lattice, Enboarder, etc.
- Familiar with HIPAA, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, SOX and other compliance and legal related requirements
- In-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise in HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- Ability to develop, interpret, implement, and administer organization-wide People policies and processes.
- Excitement to work in a startup environment; track record of being adaptable to changing priorities in a fluid, high-growth environment
- Able to work at a high level of autonomy to manage multiple ongoing issues and complex employee matters with minimum supervision
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution), effectively exercise independent judgment, and make sound decisions
- Superior written, verbal and presentation skills for presenting and communicating complex information at varying levels in the organization
Food Safety Requirement
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.